Specialist Policy vs your home insurance

A typical home Insurance Policy Our specialist Musical Instrument policy
Can be expensive Usually much cheaper
Often excludes playing for profit No such restrictions
Will normally exclude losses from unattended vehicles Can be covered
Insurer dictates which repairer or replacement should be used Your instrument – your choice. You choose the repairer or the replacement
You will be asked to pay an excess, usually £150 to £250 per claim At BBIS the excess is Never more than £15 per claim.
Your enquiries may be handled in a remote call centre by someone who does not understand musical equipment Both BBIS and MIS are located in the UK and have specialist knowledge of musical instruments insurance
Often limited to UK cover You decide the geographical limits